The process behind a root canal is simple. If the pulp of a tooth has become damaged, it must be removed via root canal therapy. With a root canal treatment, the pulp can be safely removed and the tooth cleaned and washed free of contamination so it can remain in your mouth. With root canals, consider the following:
– As is the case with an overload of normal health care services, numerous treatments for a single tooth will eventually wear down a tooth and cause pulp damage, especially if tooth enamel is removed for each procedure.
– A root canal treatment is obligatory if the pulp of a tooth must be removed due to infection, disease, decay, or other damage.
– Although teeth are durable, blunt trauma and severe blows to your jaw can easily knock out multiple teeth or even seriously damage them down to the pulp, which oftentimes leads to root canal treatments.
– One of the most notorious causes of pulp damage comes in the form of oral accidents and injuries, which require root canals.
– In some cases, numerous treatments can open your pulp up to unforeseen damage and diseases, at which point, the pulp must be removed.
If you require a root canal therapy, Dr. Michael Bergstein and Dr. Kyle Nordeen at Plaza Dental PA are here to give you the services your smile needs. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Lakeville, Minnesota, please contact us at 952-890-5450 to speak with a member of our team. We look forward to improving your smile!